- Do the events cost anything?
The events are completely free to attend – but don't forget your wallet to enjoy all the massive savings!
- Can we leave the centre at any time?
Yes you aren’t actually locked in at our ‘Student Lock-In’ and 'Student Takeover' events!
- Will I have to queue?
Depending on when you arrive at the event, you may have to queue to receive your exclusive discount wristband, but you can speed things up by pre-registering in advance. Queues often start forming before the official opening time of the event so it's best to get there early if you want to get the pick of the freebies!
- Can we bring people who are not students?
Yes, feel free to bring parents and friends who aren’t students. They won’t be able to get the discounts but they don’t have to register and are fine to attend with someone who has registered.
- What do I need to do to get in/how do I register?
- You can register on the night at our registration points or alternatively visit www.studentlockin.com and find your city on the ‘Select a City’ tab at the top of the website.
- Fill in the relevant details and receive your email confirmation.
- You will need to bring your student ID as well as the email confirmation, which you receive once pre-registering, with you on the night but the easiest way to do this is to have it loaded on your phone ready for our staff to see as a picture, or the email itself. Alternatively print outs are fine!
- You will then be given a wristband on entrance by one of our staff and you’re free to shop and enjoy the event.
NOTE: Pre-registering online is strongly advised as it saves you time on the night! If you don’t register online then you can fill in the form on the night as mentioned but there are sometimes longer waits for these forms.
- I didn’t receive my pre-registration email!
It can take up to 5 minutes for this to be generated and arrive in your email and it’s worth checking your spam folder. If you’re still having problems, you can retreive your invite by clicking here, then print or screen shot on your smart phone the confirmation page. If you are still having problems you can register on the night – simply ask a member of staff at the registration points.
- What do I need to bring?
Simply bring your proof of registration as discussed above and a valid student ID (either an NUS card or your university/college student card) or alternatively any kind of proof that you’re a student (e.g. letter from college/university). Remember to have these ready in the queue to get straight in!
- What do I need to get the discounts?
Once you have pre-registered, upon arrival we will check your pre-registration and student ID and give you a free wristband which will enable you to get all the offers and discounts you like.
- I’ve lost my student card can I still get in?
We would strongly advise you get another one before the event as we cannot promise the situation regarding this on the night. If you really can’t get one, any other documents such as an enrolment letter that prove you’re a student should be ok.
- How old do I have to be?
The events are open to anyone over 16 (some events are 18+ but this will be communicated on the event pages).
- Do I have to be there at the event start time – can I come later and still get in?
Yes, you can come at any time between the stated hours for that event, however if you arrive earlier, the chance to get more freebies is higher!
- I am a student and would like to get involved with working at this event – are there any job opportunities?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- How can companies get involved – are there any promotional opportunities?
- I am in a band and want to play at the event. Are there any opportunities for me?
We do allow bands to play at our events, however we operate a strict 'acoustic only' policy (no drums) due to volume restrictions. Microphones can be provided on request. For more information, please email email@example.com.